Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Introduction

I'm here by way of Providence, RI, where I recently got back into IT with a unix sysadmin gig that I'm doing to get out of the debt I've accumulated since I got my masters in landscape archaeology back in 2008.  Since then, I've had the privilege of digging in London and Iceland for a bit before I had to move back to the States.  I'm hoping to get into a fully funded PhD program in a couple of years, although I wouldn't be all that broken up if I just ended up working for a CRM firm instead.

I've been interested in GIS since I started the process of switching careers from IT to archaeology, but didn't get the kind of in depth GIS training I'd expected from my Masters program, so I thought the archaeology track here looked like a good option (especially since I couldn't find any appealing GIS programs near where I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment